So, Andy & I aren't so great about getting Annabelle into a regular nap schedule. Daycare, thankfully, has been working on it. Somehow, all the babies in Annabelle's class like to take their naps at about the same time. I have decided to take advantage of this routine and apply the same nap times at home. Today was my first attempt at putting her down for "true" naps, not just snoozing when she drifts off on her own in the swing.
The house is amazingly quiet right now. Andy's in the office, Hannah's hiding behind the couch from the rain (silly scaredy cat), and I am on the couch blogging on my laptop. Where is Annabelle, you ask? She is sleeping away, well into her second set nap of the day. The first nap she went almost two hours before I woke her up to eat. This one I will let her go until she wakes herself up. So, day one of setting routine naps at home (IN THE CRIB) - SUCCESS!!! We'll see how tonight goes, although she doesn't really have a problem sleeping at night in her crib. She just likes to wake up to eat again. We're working on tackling that little issue too. Tonight we're going to try this again. I have to say, naptime is really a wonderful gift to parents. I have gotten quite a bit done today.
Tonight is a pretty big night for the Turner household. Our neighbors, Bryan & Lauren, are going to babysit Annabelle. Andy & I are getting all dressed up and going out on our first date since Annabelle was born to celebrate our fourth anniversary. We are quite excited :)
No comments:
Post a Comment