Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy 5-month, my sweet little girl

(a day late)...

Five months ago, I was holding a sweet little angel for the first time, completely awed by God's greatest miracle - life. Five months before that, I was feeling her flutter around in my tummy for the first time, completely awed by God's greatest miracle - life.

Oh how my life has changed! And how Annabelle's has, too, in five very short months. My little angel weighed just 7.5 pounds when she was born and now she's over 16! She was only 20.5 inches long, and now she's around 26. Oh how she has changed!

When Annabelle was born she didn't know how to support her head, focus her eyes, tune into sounds, use her hands, laugh, speak, nurse, smile, etc. Now, she tries to sit up on her own (she is oh so close!), she wants you to help her stand (all. the. time.), she loves to eat, is starting to eat solids, laughs and smiles constantly, has figured out how to grab anything within her reach, loves to squirm, look at herself in the mirror and the list goes on and on. Oh how she has learned!

Before Annabelle was born, I didn't truly understand unconditional love. Over the past five months I have learned what it means to worry when your baby has a cold, to laugh when your baby learns a new "trick", to smile and laugh just for your baby's reaction, to love waking up in the morning because you know you get to share at least part of the day with such a wonderful little person. I have learned to adapt and to let go. I have learned that not everything will go my way and that I need to try to become less frustrated when I can't control everything in my life. Oh how I have changed and learned!

This past month has been especially fun for me. Annabelle has really come into her own personality. She loves mornings, loves batting at her little butterfly that dangles off her carrier bar, loves playing on her playmat, and loves her mommy & daddy. She smiles, laughs, cries, and talks. She loves bathtime with daddy. She loves cuddling with mommy on the couch. Most of all, she is figuring things out. She is figuring out how to use those hands and fingers. I love watching the look of utter concentration on her little face as she watches her hand move toward an object she wants to capture. I also love the look of pure frustration when she wants to put her paci in her mouth but has it turned the wrong way. She has figured out that it goes there, that she wants it there, but not that it has directionality. Before I know it, she will have that figured out too.

Over the past five months, here's how she has changed:

Happy 1-Month Birthday!

Happy 2-Month Birthday!

Happy 3-Month Birthday!

Happy 4-Month Birthday!

Happy 5-Month Birthday!

She loves lifting up her clothes and putting them in her mouth. This is a very typical look for Annabelle when she's wearing a dress. Love her chunky thighs!

A few more pictures from this past week:



Hello blue eyes!

This image has a really good view of those chunky "little" legs :)













1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! She is seriously way TOO cute!!! I love her chubby little thighs!! Im so jealous. My daughter is 9 months and weighs 18 pounds lol I wish Brook would put on some chub! =)

    ReplyDelete