Saturday, April 30, 2011

Anniversary, Easter, Vacation, and Carsickness

So, Andy & I celebrated our fifth anniversary last week.  The past five years have absolutely flown by!  To celebrate, we headed to a neighbor's house for an awesome fish fry.  Sooo yummy!  I got Andy a new iPad which took some major work to get my hands on.  I was so excited to give it to him.  I got a pair of gorgeous diamond hoops from Andy.  He did great!  He also sent flowers to work for me...so pretty.  The rest of the weekend we had fun with Easter activities. 

We headed to Church Easter morning with our neighbor Stacey.  Annabelle did great!  She would have done better if they would have had the cry area set up instead of having everyone in the main church, but all things considered, I'd say it was a win.  After Church we headed to Andy's brother's house for a casual lunch and an Easter egg hung.  Annabelle didn't really get the concept but had fun picking up the "balls" and putting them in her basket.  She crashed in the car on the way to my parents' house for dinner.  She had a ton of fun playing with the "buh-oools" (bubbles) on my parents' deck.  She also got quite a kick out of playing games with my dad.

This past week Andy & I were off of work.  We started the week working hard in the yard, weeding, spreading 5 loads of mulch, and planting the garden.  The rest of the week I spent sewing some beach bags for a bridesmaid gift, crocheting some baby hats and watching tv.  Last night Andy & I dropped Annabelle off at Andy's parents' house for the night.  We then headed to the Mansion on Peachtree, a total kick butt 5-star hotel, and from there we got dolled up and went to Pricci for dinner.  We had such a great time!  I had a little bit too great of a time and am paying the price today.  Note to self, cannot drink as much as I could before Annabelle was born, should not attempt again.

The big downside of all of this is that Annabelle has thrown up 3 times in the past 2 weeks when we have gone longer than 30 minutes in the car.  She has thrown up after a curvey carride  before, as well.  We're pretty sure she is getting carsick.  So, I'm going to make an appointment with her doc and see what we can do about it.  I am going to go ahead and move her seat to the middle of the car because all of this started when I got my SUV and moved her to the side.  Oh the joys of parenthood!

1 comment: