Friday, December 10, 2010

A year ago today

One year ago today, we were headed to the hospital to have our sweet little baby girl.  With the risk of pre-eclampsia, they had decided to try inducing me one more time and then if it didn't work, off to the OR I go for a c-section.  Little did I know how 24 hours later, my world would be tipped on its side, never to completely right itself again.  And now, a year later, I realize that my life isn't a kilter now, my life was a kilter then, before Annabelle.  

Thankfully, the induction worked, and Annabelle made her appearance on December 11, 2009. 




From the very moment that Annabelle was laid in my arms, I have never felt the same, nor do I really remember "before" too clearly (or labor for that matter...thankfully :)).  She sure has changed our lives, both day to day and future looking.  This past year has been full of emotions - love, patience, impatience, joy, sadness, frustration, pain, and so many others.


Our sweet baby is turning into more of a toddler, more of a person with each passing day.  She wants to be where you are doing what you are doing.  She wants to eat what you are eating and drink out of your cup.  She wants to be hugged and loved on, and played with.  She wants to learn to walk, but will settle for crawling for now.  She wants your love and boy does she ever have it.  She has her daddy and me and all of her grandparents wrapped around her sweet little finger.

She has changed my world for the better and I count my blessings each and every day.  I have had a blast this past year and have loved watching my baby learn the world around her and turn into her own special person.  I can't wait to see what the next year, five years, ten years, etc bring us.

Happy almost birthday, my sweet girl!  I love you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment